This weekend myself and Josh drove up to St Annes for two days by the sea and I thought I'd show you a few of the things I packed in my short-trip bag. I've missed out the really obvious essentials like a toothbrush or shampoo but at the moment I can't travel without the following things...
1. This River Island daisy dress (similar here and here) was really popular last year and I still love mine. It still looks great worn with tights so if the weather's not as hot as we're hoping for I can always throw a pair of tights in my bag too. I've picked a brighter colour and steered away from my usual black/grey wardrobe which is more suited to the city than the seaside.
2. I need an everyday bag that's roomy enough for all my stuff but wont weigh me down. This Brit Stitch Milkman size satchel is a great size for your purse, keys, phone and I can even fit my iPad mini in there.
3. Sunglasses, of course. I'm being optimistic! I wear these Ray Ban Aviators all the time, they live in my handbag in their little leather case. Aviators just suit my face shape so I stick to that style.
4. I'm taking these Topshop t-bar sandals (really similar ones here), as far as sandals go they are pretty comfortable. I couldn't walk for miles but they are well and truly 'broken in' so I'd recommend going for an older pair of shoes rather than a brand new pair. Who knows how much walking you'll be doing.
5. Entertainment. I'm taking my iPad Mini as the hotel offers free WiFi but it's also going to be useful for the drive there (and back) and if the weather's really awful I'm going to need something to do! I'm currently reading A Game of Thrones as well as obsessing over the TV series. I managed to get the whole set of paperbacks for such a good deal using a code found on VoucherBin.co.uk. Don't forget to pack the relevant chargers for your electronics! You can see how I made the iPad case above in my DIY tutorial.
6. Whenever I get new underwear I always want to save it for a special occassion, like a night out, birthday or holiday. It doesn't feel right to wear a brand new underwear set to sit at home on my laptop. This pale green and lace set was kindly sent from M&S. It's from the Rosie Huntington-Whitley collection 'Rosie for Autograph' and it's beautiful! I've not had lingerie from Marks and Spencer's before but the fit and quality is fantastic. Their underwear is actually really reasonably priced I always imagined it to be expensive.
7. Beauty-wise I'm taking my travel sized companions. This mini Cleanse and Polish won't fill up my makeup bag and I'm really loving this Murad skincare set*. It comes with travel sized, oil-control 'mattifier' moisturiser, five sachets of clarifying wipes for removing makeup and built up oils on the skin and a mini Murad Primer which I've used before and really like. I don't normally use primers as they tend to block my pores and make my foundation look even worse but this tinted primer can be used alone and is very gentle to sensitive skin. I'm also throwing in a Sleek Pout Polish in 'bare minimum', which works as both a lip balm and has a hint of colour and gloss. It's not sticky and it smells like dessert!
What do you always pack for a short trip away or an overnight stay? No matter how much I plan and how many lists I write I always forget to take something and bring way to much of other things!